Costume Jewelry Collectors Int’l
is pleased to host
Researching Costume Jewelry
originally published by Dotty Stringfield on IllusionJewels.com
Jewelry History – Jewelry Research – Jewelry Marks – Jewelry Signatures – Jewelry Articles – Jewelry Galleries
COSTUME JEWELRY MARKS – O*
Information and images contained in Researching Costume Jewelry (RCJ) were created by Illusion Jewels and are currently maintained and updated by Costume Jewelry Collectors Int’l (CJCI). Written permission by CJCI is needed to use any information obtained from RCJ in any other publication whether written or electronic.
OBJECTS D’HEART — See CRYSTAL BRANDS
OCEANIA — See ROYAL CRAFTSMEN
- Mark: Occupied Japan Courtesy Sam and Yvonne Mitchell.
OLD CREST— See KIRSCHMAN, LEWIS CO., INC. — c. 1947
- Mark: OLEET Photo courtesy Jennifer from Jennifer Lynn’s Timeless Jewelry.
OLEG CASSINI — See CASSINI, OLEG
OLENSKA, CHRYSTYA — c. Jan. 1966
- Mark: Chrystya Olenska for Hattie Carnegie
OMAR, INC. — New York
- Mark: Genie & lamp graphic with “Omar” beneath — from July, 1946.
ORA — See RALPH SINGER JEWELRY CO.
ORB — See BADE, OTTO
ORCHIDEE NOIRE — See PIERRE BEX
- Mark: Orena Paris — 1977 to at least 2005 Photo courtesy Gloria Barnhart
- Owner: Wunsch Corporation France
- Location: Paris, France
ORIENTIQUE — See TRIFARI
ORIGINAL BY ROBERT— See THE FASHIONCRAFT JEWELRY CO. — NY, NY
O.R.I. — ORIGINALITIES OF NEW YORK
- Mark: O.R.I. — 1962 Courtesy Plenty O’ Jewels.
- Mark: Ornella Made Italy Photo courtesy Debbie Robinson.
OSCAR CHARLIN — See CHARLIN, OSCAR
OSCAR DE LA RENTA — NY, NY
- The following marks have been seen on his jewelry.
- Mark: OSCAR
- Mark: ODLR
- Mark: OSCAR hangtag
- Notes: Some jewelry only marked with plastic Oscar de la Renta price tag
- Fashion house founded by Oscar de la Renta in 1965; not sure when he licensed jewelry, but know as early as 1989.
OSTER, MICHAEL — c. May 1967
OTIS COMPANY, Providence RI — c. 1943
- Mark: OTIS Photo courtesy Jo-Ann Sturko.
- Mark: sterling Otis Courtesy Mary Ann Docktor-Smith
- Company was sold in 1970; Mr. Otis died in 1972
OSTBY AND BARTON CO. — Providence RI — c. 1880
- Mark: Bull’s eye with arrows pointing to it from either side Courtesy Lilly Vittetow
OUR LITTLE DARLING — see CORO
PAT SEAL: research files
DOTTY STRINGFIELD: research files
BOBYE SYVERSON: research files.
A TRIBUTE TO AMERICA by Carla and Roberto Brunialti
AMERICAN COSTUME JEWELRY by Carla and Roberto Brunialti
AMERICAN JEWELRY MANUFACTURERS by Dorothy T. Rainwater
COLLECTIBLE COSTUME JEWELRY by Cherri Simonds
COLLECTING COSTUME JEWELRY 101 By Julia Carroll
COLLECTING COSTUME JEWELRY 202 By Julia Carroll
COLLECTING RHINESTONE COLORED JEWELRY by Maryanne Dolan
COPPER ART JEWELRY by Burkholz and Kaplan
COSTUME JEWELRY A PRACTICAL HANDBOOK AND GUIDE by Fred Rezazadeh
COSTUME JEWELRY (2nd Ed.) by Harrice Simons Miller
EUROPEAN DESIGNER JEWELRY by Ginger Moro
INSIDE THE JEWELRY BOX By Ann Pitman
LUCILLE TEMPESTA: owner-publisher of the Vintage Fashion & Costume Jewelry Magazine
MASTERPIECES OF COSTUME JEWELRY by Ball and Torem
MID-CENTURY PLASTIC JEWELRY By Susan Klein
MIRIAM HASKELL JEWELRY by Cathy Gordon and Sheila Pamfiloff
OLD JEWELRY by Jeanenne Bell
WARMAN’S JEWELRY 2nd Ed. by Christie Romero
WARMAN’S JEWELRY 3rd Ed. by Christie Romero
*DISCLAIMER: As in the past, we make every effort to ensure all information contained in the RCJ pages is accurate. However, errors can occur. Neither the prior owner of RCJ, CJCI or its representatives are responsible for your use of these resources.
Copyright 1997 to present — www.costumejewelrycollectors.com —
All Rights Reserved.
All RCJ publications and pages were created by
by Dotty Stringfield with the assistance of research contributor Pat Seal
and other valued members of the costume jewelry collecting community.